Butter chicken, better than from your local Indian restaurant .
Vegetarian option substitute chicken with selection of fresh veges or tofu.
Recipe serves 2-3.
200g chicken pieces cubed per person
Large crushed garlic clove
1 Tbls of finely chopped fresh ginger
1½ tsps Garlam Marsala
1 tsp ground cumin
2-3 tsps of crushed chilli (or to taste)
2-3 tbls tomato paste
Find More information on Twitter and Facebook.
- Brown chicken in a good dollop of butter in heavy bottomed pan, once cooked remove & set aside
- In same pan add garlic, ginger, garlam marsala, cumin and chilli cook for 1-2 minutes stirring continuously, add more butter if mixture is dry.
- Add cream bring to slight simmer then add tomato paste, simmer for 1 minute.
- Add back chicken and simmer until thickens. If too thick add more cream.
- Season to taste
- Serve with jasmine rice and flat bread